Oh, The Things I See


I was at work tonight.  Everything was going fairly normal.  As the night went on, we had fewer customers.  I was getting more and more tired as it got later and later.  I would put the blame of being tired on the fact that I’ve been switching between morning and afternoon shifts for the past couple weeks which has taken a toll on my sleeping habits.  I should get back to what this whole thing is about.  It’s not about me being tired.

So I’m sitting at the cash register almost falling asleep when I hear this sound.  It sounds sort of like a stampede coming my way.  I check the road expecting some sort of car with really heavy bass firing speakers somewhere inside it.  That is not what it was.  There was no car.  I looked up the street instead.

From behind the next building comes a bunch of people.  I’d put them at about college student age.  They come inside where I work and the noise is now all around me.  Then out comes the person making the noise.  He has a bongo drum.  Or something similar.  It was really loud.  It woke me right up.

He started actually playing some sort of song on the drum and offered to play for ten minutes for each of his friends to try and get them in for free.  That wasn’t going to happen.  He played anyway.  Not for ten minutes.  Maybe about five.  My coworker began to dance to the music.  It was actually a decently played drum.

Then he walked out, with his friends.  He began to sing and play while he walked down the street and out of view.

It was an interesting sight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon