I Have No Title To Put Here


There’s about two and a half months until I go back to school.  Am I excited?  Yeah.  I’m a little bit excited.  I get to see some of my friends again.  I haven’t seen them since about a year ago. It’s going to be a good thing to see them again, aside from the schoolwork part.

I like the atmosphere of university.  The problem I have is the actual studying.  I’ve never had study habits that were conducive to good grades.  In high school I kept high grades without studying and never found the need to actually study.  When I got to university, it bit me in the ass.  I’ve failed three courses over the course of three terms, and missed the necessary average in one of those terms which caused me to be held back for a year.

Now I’m going to be going back to repeat the term and try to beat the average.  The only catch?  My average now has to be ten percent higher than it needed to be a year ago because I’m repeating the term.  I’ve already taken the classes, it shouldn’t be too hard.  I also have two courses less because they don’t need me to retake one of my laboratory courses, and I’m done the online course I had at the time.  This allows me more time to study for the courses I need to pass.

That’s all the explanation for that.  The kicker is that if I hadn’t “failed” the term (no courses were failed that term, I just missed the average), I wouldn’t have had the money to be in the next term.  Expensive schooling kind of sucks, aside from getting an assumed better education.  So I’ve been working my ass off during the time I’ve had off in order to get the money I need for tuition, books, rent, utilities, groceries, and such. 

Life can be such an ironic dick, can’t it?  I mean, had I passed, I’d be happy that I passed, but I may not have had the money to keep going.  I failed, had an extra four months off after the four months I was supposed to have off, and it gave me the time to get the money I needed to keep going in school.  I could have become a prostitute and made a lot of money really quickly but I would have had to blow it on booze and drugs to hide my pain and shame, and I may have contracted an STD which is something I’d rather not do.  Fire penis does not sound like a fun thing to experience.

I don’t remember what I was trying to get around to at the end of this.  Going back to school, like the atmosphere, failed, work, money, prostitution.  I think I hit all the things I wanted to.  Topics, not all the money giving sex fiends.  I didn’t hit any sex fiends.

I guess life has a way of being a dick, yet sometimes you don’t know what you need life to give you.  I think I got what I needed and I’m kind of glad.  Got to work with some interesting people, got to see some interesting things (see the entry about strange things and there’s also an entry about a guy with a drum somewhere), and now I get to go into school having some foundation on what I’m learning.  Now, if only I could get The Spice Girls out of my head, it’d be perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon