Mustache Movie Marathon Wrap Up


November was a month of strange weather.  There were days that were summer warm, springtime warm, autumn warm, and winter cold.  It all depended on the day itself.  The weather changed so quickly that you didn’t know what it would be like each time you walked out of your door.  You could walk outside into sun as easily as walking outside into rain or snow.  However, the weather wasn’t the biggest thing to happen around here.  November was the month of the Mustache Movie Marathon.

The Mustache Movie Marathon was a compilation of nine movies that all involved at least one of the main characters having a mustache.  It covered many decades of film from the 1930s when Errol Flynn was rocking some facial hair as Robin Hood in the Adventures of Robin Hood, to the 1970s where Burt Reynolds played The Bandit with his always memorable mustache in Smokey and the Bandit, all the way to the new millennium where Daniel Day Lewis sported many different collections of facial hair in his portrayal of Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood.

I quite enjoyed going through the movies that I had in this marathon.  From the baby comedy Three Men and a Baby, to the family comedy Mr. Nanny, all the way to the Broken Lizard comedy Super Troopers, I saw a lot of different genres and sub genres of movies.  Most were centered on comedy; however the comedy within each was different.  The comedic style of The Pink Panther was not nearly the same as the comedic style of The Great Dictator.  No two movies were alike.

Rounding out the nine movies was Road House.  I miss the Swayze.

The biggest regret I had of the marathon was that I didn’t have a large variety of genres.  Where is the horror?  Where is the romance?  Surely, you could argue that there are tones of each in certain movies but I would have liked movies that focused upon both of those genres.  That’s my biggest regret, not including a little bit more variety.

Coming up over the next two or three days will be the awards for the Mustache Movie Marathon.  I’m looking forward to looking backward upon the movies I saw and figuring out what I liked most, what moments stood out to me, and just thinking upon what I saw.  The awards are fun to me.

That’s what has happened and what is going to happen.  I hope you enjoyed my going through these movies.  Up next is a marathon where all of the movies are set in snowy situations.  I don’t know what I’m going to call that yet, or what the exact movies will be.  But that’s what is up next.  I’ll fill you reader people in on that when it is all finalized.  Onto the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon