2011 in Review: Hot Chocolate


I like to think of 2011 as a year filled with ups and with downs.  This first blog entry looking back at my year is going to tackle something that was probably a down but made me feel so up.  I don’t know how long this entry is going to be because of the specific subject matter.  I’m going to discuss my addiction to hot chocolate for a couple of months.

I am not a coffee person.  I don’t like coffee so I don’t drink it.  Therefore, I do not get the coffee intake that keeps me awake during the day.  Hot chocolate filled that void for me.  It was my morning drink that woke me up.  It was what I would drink when I got home.  I would drink it while doing schoolwork.  I would drink it while watching tv shows.  I was always drinking it.

The reason that I started drinking chocolate milk was because of how cold the townhouse I lived in would get.  Especially my bedroom.  My bedroom was in the basement and it was winter.  The cold of the room was inevitable.  Hot chocolate was my choice way to stay warm there, so I bought some.  And whenever it went on sale again, I would restock.

Eventually I was drinking a lot of hot chocolate.  Always the same kind.  It was Carnation brand with marshmallows in it.  I was hooked and drank so much of that stuff.  Eventually it got to me buying one or two tins a week to keep up with how much I wanted to drink.  Then one day, I just stopped.

There was a reason why.  Carnation brand wasn’t on sale so I looked and saw a store brand hot chocolate mix with marshmallows in it.  I thought it might be good enough.  Then I tried it.  With this store brand mix, you could never get the right texture.  It was either too watery, or too powdery.  Never in between.  It was no good.

I made a deal with myself that I couldn’t buy more hot chocolate mix until I finished that tin.  I have not had any of the hot chocolate in eight months now.  Partially because it was warm, partially because that tin of hot chocolate mix is such crap.

Anyway, that was my story about my hot chocolate addiction between January and April of 2011.  It’s not an exciting story is it?  I see that now.  I am sorry about having you sit through it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon