What My Parents Have Been Watching



I know what this post is going to be.  I don’t know how it will end up, but I know what I am writing.  I don’t know if this will become a regular thing on my blog or if it will just be a one off.  I might do it once a month.  I might switch some things around within it.  Maybe I’ll focus it on different people each time.  Who knows?  I’m going with the flow and hoping that it turns out well instead of being a giant steaming pule that I should have cleaned up but didn’t.  I hope that it turns out well and that I keep going with it, but nobody knows how their life will change in a certain amount of time.  Things could drastically alter and I could have to discontinue this.  Maybe things will stay the same and I’ll be able to keep this going for a long time.  Anyway, it’s about time that I get down to it.

This is going to be a summary of the things that my parents have been watching in the past couple weeks.  They’ve told me so much about the things that their eyes have seen in the movie and television realm.  I’ve stumbled upon them watching some of the stuff.  Like I said, I don’t know if I’ll do this again after this one time, but if I do, this could be a fun little thing.  Secondhand accounts of watching movies.  Let’s begin:

Machine Gun Preacher
My parents came home from vacation with the DVD of Machine Gun Preacher.  My mom handed it to me because I will watch anything.  According to her, she watched it while on vacation because Gerard Butler is in it.  Gerard Butler is, in my mother’s words, an actor made for women to look at an only for that reason.  In Machine Gun Preacher, he wasn’t even that good to look at.  This is what I was told.  She did not like the movie.

The Sopranos
About a year ago, my parents came home one day with the first season of The Sopranos.  It took them until this year to watch it.  They would turn it on when going to bed and fall asleep during it.  I don’t understand how, but they enjoyed the show, even while sleeping.  When they were on vacation this year, they tried to find the rest of the seasons but couldn’t find any.  So my uncle gave them digital copies of the rest of the seasons.  They apparently wouldn’t work on my mother’s computer when she input the computer to the television.  Eventually they got to watch some more Sopranos, so it all ended well.  But there were problems that I was informed of.

The Warriors
I like The Warriors.  I truly do.  I do not like being forced to watch The Warriors, when there is only half an hour left.  If I’m watching The Warriors, I want to see the whole thing.  I want to see Cyrus get shot.  I want to see the bus chase.  I want to see the Molotov cocktail.  I want to see Fox at the train station.  I want to see the Baseball Furies.  I got to see none of these.  When my parents turned on The Warriors and declared it to be “a great movie,” they turned it on while Swan and Mercy were walking down the train tracks.  They forced me to watch the rest of the movie, much to my dismay.  I wanted to see the whole thing, not the final third.  Anyway, that happened.

Haywire
My mom turned this on.  I said “Hey! It’s Haywire!”  She asked if it was a good movie.  I said that the fights were pretty good since Gina Carano is an MMA fighter.  Then my mom did laundry during the fight between Carano and Fassbender.  Oh well.   You win some, you lose some.


That’s all I’ve got this time for the stuff that my parents have watched.  I’m sure that there have been more in the recent days, but these are the ones that came to mind first, and this is already long enough.  I think it turned out well enough.  Maybe I’ll do another one in a month or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon