Oversight Marathon


Okay.  Here we go.  It’s September 2nd as I write this.  There is a marathon this month.  It’s the first marathon since June.  This time I will be tackling a bunch of movies that have been serious oversights to me through the past 22 years of my existence.  Each movie is something that people will likely say that I should have seen in the past.

The only guidelines to the marathon are as follows.  First, each movie is one that I have never seen before (with the exception of the Godfather trilogy, for which I’ve seen the first before), and each must be from a different decade (Godfather 3 not being counted as 90s because it’s being lumped in as Godfather trilogy for 70s).  So, I’m going to see a movie from the 1900s, 1910s, 1920s...and so on that I’ve never seen which is either a must see or influential on films as a whole.

I don’t really have any in depth description of the entire marathon, but here’s a list of the movies that I will be watching.

The Great Train Robbery (1903)
The Birth of a Nation (1915)
The Jazz Singer (1927)
King Kong (1933)
Citizen Kane (1941)
12 Angry Men (1957)
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (1966)
The Godfather (1972, 1974, 1990)
ET (1982)
The Usual Suspects (1995)
Chicago (2003)

So...there’s one from each decade up until the 2000s.  Some, you might not agree with being essential (looking at you, Chicago), but I felt they need to be seen.  Hopefully I have the time to get through all of these movies.  There’s thirteen there.  But I need to get some of these seen so that people stop saying “You haven’t seen WHAT?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon