The Seven Sins Movie Marathon Awards Part 2


We are back from intermission.  It’s time to play the music.  It’s time to light the lights.  It’s time to get the winners of the Seven Sins Movie Marathon Awards tonight.  Wow.  That did not flow as well as I imagined it would.  Oh well.  Let’s get on with the final awards of the marathon.  Hopefully there will be a few surprises in here.

Let’s begin the second half of the awards with the best actress of the marathon.  This is an interesting category.  This really was an actor’s marathon.  All of the performances that really blew me away were from the men.  There were some good female performances, however, and I’m going to highlight a few.  Gwyneth Paltrow was a solid part of Se7en.  There isn’t much more to say about that one.  Carey Mulligan was pretty good in Shame, but she was overshadowed by another performance in the movie.  The interesting thing with this category though, is that I want to go with someone else entirely.  My pick for the best actress of the Seven Sins Marathon is Tucker McGuire for her performance as Molly Brown in A Night To Remember.  There was something that she brought to the role that had me excited whenever she was on screen.  McGuire is receiving this award posthumously.  I hope her soul enjoys it.

I’m going to reveal right away that the award for best actor is going to Michael Fassbender for his work in Shame.  Nothing in this marathon can even rival that performance.  Congrats Michael.  I’d like to highlight a few other good performances though.  Humphrey Bogart puts in a great performance in Treasure of the Sierra Madre of a man driven mad through greed and paranoia.  Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey put in good performances in Se7en.  One last person that I’d like to make a note of was Gary Cole who played the best Bill Lumbergh that I could ever imagine in the movie Office Space.  None of them compare to Fassbender though, which is why he won.

There is only one big award remaining for the Seven Sins Marathon which means that it is time to have a few more rapid fire awards.  Here they are.

Most Times Badges Is Said In a Short Period of Time – The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Best Use of Christopher Walken – Envy
Greatest Movie Climax – Se7en
Greatest Sexual Climax – Shame
Best Southern Accent – Guy from Death Wish who gives Bronson the gun
Worst Yelling of a Line – Brad Pitt yelling “What’s in the box?” in Se7en
Most Predictable Ending – A Night To Remember

There is one award remaining for the Seven Sins Marathon and that award is going to be presented to the Best Movie of the marathon.  This isn’t too tough of a decision.  There were some good movies in the marathon but only one stood out to me as the best.  First, I’d like to give the three runners up.  In fourth place, the runner up to the runner up for the place of runner up of the marathon is A Night To Remember.  The runner up for the place of runner up of the marathon is The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.  The runner up of the marathon is Shame.  Each of these are movies that I would consider to be great movies.  However, one movie was above and beyond all of them.  It should be easy to tell at this point, considering what is left.  The winner of the Best Movie in the Seven Sins Marathon is Se7en.  This is the first time that a movie has won a marathon without having won the best actor or best actress award as well.  This is historic!  Congratulations Se7en.  Not only are you one of the best written movies I have ever had the gift of watching, you are also the Best Movie of the Seven Sins Marathon.  It’s a big deal.  You shouldn’t take it lightly.  Few movies stand in the same position.

That brings the marathon officially to a close.  It’s been good.  I would like to thank the people that made suggestions for the movies I watched during the month of June.  I know a few of you suggested Shame, and someone suggested Thinner.  I’m sorry I don’t remember exactly who.  I would name you if I did.  You guys are great though. 

There won’t be a marathon again for at least two months.  I hope to come back to marathons at some point.  Until then, enjoy the other stuff I put up.  Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon