Marathoning Movies Here


As can be seen in some of the sections of the blog, I’m already starting to plan for future marathon lineups for watching movies.  This will, of course, come after I’m done with this school term.  If you are reading this and don’t already know I will explain what I’m doing right now.

Every once in a while I will do a marathon of movies.  I did three leading up to going back to school.  All the reviews, if you can call them that, of the movies are scattered throughout the blog.  They ranged from good movies to bad movies because I’m willing to watch pretty much anything.  I had fun going through movies that I’d both seen before and never seen.  It was an interesting thing, in my opinion.  I’m going to keep doing it in the future.  It also gives me an easy way to get some blog posts up without having to think of something to write.

The first marathon was the Horror-Like Movie Marathon which kind of just happened because of my watching Halloween and wanting to discuss what I liked about it.  It also helped to revive the blog.  Why would I now kill what was helping the blog to come back to life?  At the end of the marathon I also decided to do some awards.  The awards have become a thing for each marathon with both the standard performance and overall based awards, as well as fun ones.

I followed that marathon up with what seemed to be the favourite of the few people who read the blog.  It was the mustache marathon (spelling inconsistent), in which one of the main people in the movies had a mustache that was basically a character in itself.  Next was the Snow-Set Movie Marathon in which, you guessed it, all of the movies were set in snowy landscapes, or so I thought going in.  These two marathons also had their own set of awards.  You can find all of the blog entries for each of these by going back through the archives.

Then I had to go back to school.  I didn’t have enough time to plan marathons, watch the movies, and write about each one.  For that reason, the marathons took a hiatus.  But don’t worry, they shall be back.  My next marathon is coming up in May, I believe.  It’s going to be the Re-imagined Shakespeare Marathon in which each movie is a Shakespearean tale, retold in a different way.  The lineup is not yet solidified, but there are polls going up every week to narrow down the lineup and help to determine what will be included and what will be thrown away.

I am also accepting ideas for future marathons.  If you wish to suggest one, either comment on this blog entry or message me on Twitter.  If I like your idea, I’ll be sure to tell everyone that.  Please try to make it a slightly more original idea.  I don’t want “Movies by director” or “Movies starring actor”.  I want a theme, but I want the theme to have a flavour to it.  Yes, flavour, not flavor.  I don’t expect too many ideas though.  Not because you can’t do it.  More so because I don’t think too many people will read this.

All in all, I’m looking forward to future marathons, which I want to get a leg up on.  I’m also looking for anyone who has ideas.  If you made it this far, please check out the polls once a week, make a vote.  I don’t care if you know the movies or not.  Just vote.  I don’t want to make the choice myself, and I really don’t care what I watch outside of the few that I feel need to be in the marathons.

That was longwinded for no reason.  Sorry about that.  Have a good night/day/morning/evening/whatever time it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon