Movies By My Housemates Tastes 2


You may remember about a year ago when I wrote about watching GI: Joe, a movie which my housemate Rupert told me was good.  You’ll remember me feeling like I’d just had my soul crushed by Rupert saying that.  It was a terrible movie.  Yet he said it was good.  I don’t know what was up with that.

Well, now another thing comes out of Rupert that I cannot stand for.  He won’t give Fast Five a chance.  He will not watch it and has said that he never will.  This seems completely ludicrous to me for a number of reasons.  It’s a fun action movie.  The trailer could show you that.  The stunts in the movie are more practical than most movies you will see.  The acting may not be the greatest, but the action fun far outweighs that.

Why won’t he watch it, ever?  He didn’t like the second one through the fourth so he’s writing this off as another failed attempt.  Which it isn’t.  Rupert has been told by multiple people that he should give it a shot.  Hell, the twenty minute rule.  If he’s not interested in it after twenty minutes, Rupert could turn it off.  It’s the lemon law of movies.  But he won’t even give it that.  Just because he completely hates Tokyo Drift.  He even said that to me.  Rupert said “I’m not going to watch it.  Tokyo Drift was bad enough.”  I don’t understand that argument.  He’s seen Fast and Furious.  That came after Tokyo Drift.  How does this logic work?  He also hates that Han is in the fourth and fifth installments because it “makes no sense.”  It actually makes perfect sense, considering they take place before Tokyo Drift.

This is all coming from Rupert, a guy who likes the Pokemon movies, except for the ones that try to have a message.  I don’t know why his opinion bothers me so much.  Maybe it’s because it influences what I end up watching sometimes.  Either way, it bothers me enough to rant about it.

Rupert, Rupert, Rupert...why must you do this?  Multiple people are saying it’s a good movie.  You still don’t believe them.  You think of movies in a statistical way.  That is not how movies work.  It’s how the movie business works but statistics don’t work for quality.  Just because three movies in a series are bad, you can’t write off the entire series.  Okay, in most cases, you probably could.  However, when there are a lot of people who say a movie is good, it probably is.  How good is a good question to ask.  But how can you ignore people, Rupert?  How can you not give a movie with this many recommendations a chance?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon