Reimagined Shakespeare Marathon Movie Order


Tomorrow marks the beginning of the Reimagined Shakespeare Marathon for me.  Over the course of the month of May, I will be watching through ten different movies that are based on different Shakespeare plays. 

If you’ve been keeping up with me or this blog you probably already know the movies I’m going to watch and what they are based on.  What I thought I would do right now was to establish the order in which I am going to watch them.  This way if, like you would want to, somebody wants to follow along or something of the like, you know what order.  I don’t have exact days because it’s more of a when I get to it type of thing, but I have the order.  Here it is.

       1.       10 Things I Hate About You [1999] (The Taming of the Shrew)
       2.       Throne of Blood [1957] (Macbeth)
       3.       King of Texas [2002] (King Lear)
       4.       She’s the Man [2006] (Twelfth Night)
       5.       Forbidden Planet [1956] (The Tempest)
       6.       West Side Story [1961] (Romeo and Juliet)
       7.       My Own Private Idaho [1991] (Henry IV Part 1, Henry IV Part 2, Henry V)
       8.       A Double Life [1947] (Othello)
       9.       A Midsummer Night’s Rave [2002] (A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
       10.   Strange Brew [1983] (Hamlet)

I cannot vouch for quality in this bunch of movies.  I’ve seen only three of them previously.  What I can say is that I’m looking forward to the interesting variety of adaptations that are laid out.  This should be a fun month of movie watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon