Ramblings


There is nothing like the feeling of a good walk in the nice weather.  You wear shorts and a t-shirt, go outside into a nice, sunny day.  It’s not too hot, not too cold.  The temperature is just right.  Just right.  There’s nothing like it.  There may be better things, but a nice walk in good weather is the only thing that can ever feel like a nice walk in good weather.  Believe me.

I don’t know why I bring this up.  I opened up Microsoft Word and decided to just type out whatever comes to mind.  The only rule I have for this is that I can’t bullshit anything.  It all has to come from the mind, or from the heart, but it can’t be make believe.  That’s my only rule here.  Write what I write but don’t write fiction.  That’s a whole different whale altogether.  My white whale possibly.

I’ve tried writing before, and I’ve been told I have potential.  My issue is that without any sort of incentive or goal, I don’t get anything done.  I’ll get an idea, begin to hammer stuff out, and never finish.  It may be the use of a computer that does it to me.  It brings out the procrastination within me.  Maybe if I go outside on a nice day with a pencil, or a pen, and some paper, I can get more done than I would sitting at my computer.  Maybe.  Or maybe I’ll go all Dug from Up and just stare at squirrels.  I don’t know.

What I do know is what is in front of me, and what is behind.  In front of me is in the literal sense.  Right now it’s a computer screen, a table, a room.  Behind is not literal.  It is my past.  It is friends one had that are no longer here.  Not that they died, we’ve just grown apart.  My past is when a dog bit right through my middle finger.  My past is when I watched my cousin flip a minibike on top of himself.  It’s my past.  It’s behind me, yet it will always be with me.  It’s what makes me who I am today.  The summation of all my experiences into the physical body that is me.

Why am I writing this?  It just felt necessary.  I just needed an outlet and this was it.  It’s not necessarily about anything, yet it is.

Golden Girls.  I never watched the show.  Still, if I was asked to list of any television show that I know, it would be one of the first to come out of my mouth.  I don’t understand why that’s the case.  It just is.  Hm...MASH, Boy Meets World, Bobby’s World, Mork and Mindy, Happy Days, Golden Girls...see?  And Bobby’s World.  Man, I haven’t seen that in a long time.

Have you ever watched people go past your house?  They go about their daily business.  They don’t always know you see them.  They just go their own way.  Where are they going?  We don’t know.  One of them could get hit by a car on the next block, but you wouldn’t know that.  You wouldn’t mourn their loss of life. They were just a person you saw walk past your house.  They influenced your life for a mere moment, then they are gone forever.  Oh, the little things, like the flapping of a wing of a butterfly.  They make the world go round.

That’s all I’m going to write this time.  As much as I like to just flow with my mind, I don’t want to get completely carried away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon