Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Die, Die, Die


I forgot how much I sucked at Call of Duty until I played it again this week.  I’ve never actually taken the time to get any skill at any game.  All I ever want to do is run around, kill a couple of people, get myself killed, then leave.  That’s about all I do when I play.

I don’t have any idea what I am doing when I play video games.  I just run around doing whatever I think should be done.  In first person shooters I run around aiming towards people.  I don’t shoot them, but I shoot at them.  My aim is that bad.  I lurk around corners but there are better lurkers behind me ready to kill me.  I die easily.  I am the meat that is there only to be killed and boost the other team’s stats.

But as much as I die, I enjoy playing.  I do manage to get the occasional kill in.  I am satisfied with myself when I get that kill.  Then I see my ratio.  1 and 10.  1 and 15.  The occasional 1 and 20.  Nobody wants to be on my team.  I don’t care.  I’m not listening to them.  I’ve got my music going.

I rock when I’m killing zombies.  I can kill them like it’s nobody’s business.  But online?  That’s where I suck.  I’m that ant that you kill just for the sake of killing.  I’m not used for anything but a human shield.  Need somebody to distract the sniper while you take him out?  I’m your man.  But killing the enemy?  Man, that ain’t me.

I don’t yell at the screen either.  I’m not that into it.  I enjoy the game but I don’t take it as serious as some people.  I don’t need to be the best I can be.  I need to enjoy what I am putting my time into or else it’s just a waste.  I’m not going to be screaming at players who can’t hear me because I don’t have a microphone.  That would make me seem like an ass and I’d rather not look like an ass to anyone who walks into the room.

So if you are ever playing a first person shooter and you feel the need to win, make sure I’m not on your team.  You won’t like me being on your team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon